Friday, August 1, 2014

Random thoughts on a random day....

It's pouring outside... Tiny water drops ran down the bedroom window as I watched two children running for cover... The roar of the air conditioner broke the stillness of the apartment and stopped me from sinking too deep into my thoughts...

It had been a stressful week....responsibilities, heartbreaks, anticipation, arguments and silent treatments took over a good part of the week, leaving me just a few traces of happiness here and there... Going through this emotional roller coaster, got me thinking about life, how much lost are we in this never ending rat race...

Every morning we wake up with a bundle of desires and demands... throughout the day, every unfulfilled desire and unmet demand drag us in a path filled with sadness and sorrow, leading to an unhappy life... Expecting too much out of life leads to a life full of disappointments.  Life is short... days go by faster than we want... before we know it, the best things in life are lost among the others...

We are humans... we love being loved, cared and pampered... and expect people to be understanding and treat you for who are...but when they have other things in their agenda, you get nothing but an agony of a broken heart in return...It takes a good couple of days, weeks or years to mend the heart and move on .... Still the scars make you cringe at the slightest sign of hurt....

I have been there, many a times,...done that...I am ready to move on... I am ready to look at life in a positive perspective...This life is too short to depend on others to make you happy...

As I watched the rain subsides, last teardrop ran down my cheeks and dropped silently on the floor... I looked up at the sun,
smiling through the clouds......

No comments:

Post a Comment